Tuesday 31 July 2012

First base - Jakarta

Some four weeks ago, with my fellow aviators, Ibu Susi and Christian we were discussing where we want to be based within SusiAir, where we want to be posted for start, what we want to achieve in our flying career etc, etc. Me smart arse partly seriously, partly jokingly noted that I would like to go to Jakarta as my first base so I do not have to go back any more. Well be careful what you wish for is the saying that pops in to my head ;)
Tomorrow morning 1/8 I will be flying my last four sectors from Jakarta base before moving to my next one - Medan.
Jakarta was pretty slow and easy start for two of us new Co-Jo s fresh from the type training. We both flew around thirty hours in last three weeks, mainly on two main routes Jakarta Halim to Cilacap and Jakarta Halim to Nusawiru.
Both airports, Nusawiru and Cilacap are on the south cost of west Java.
We fly Cilacap and back three times a day mainly carrying workers and management from the oil industry based there and Nusawiru is mainly SA corporate transport mixed with some holiday makers and surfers heading to Batu Karas.
Flight that I always consider highlight of the day (or week) is corporate flight to unlicensed beach strip in Pangandaran.
Landing on beachstrip is pretty cool experience itself but this trip comes with other benefits like visit to popular Relax restaurant (check Indonesia Rough Guide) or one of the beach bars if you staying overnight.
I cant say much about Jakarta city because I have not seen much of i t and what I have seen was not that impressive but I have enjoyed flying here a lot. It was a great introduction in to Indonesian ATC, local specifics, customs and line flying generally. On this note, great Thank You goes to all Jakarta Captains for this experience!
So as the locals say - Happy Landings!
F;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment