Saturday 2 June 2012

Indonesia, here I am!!!

Just looking back, Singapore was quite un eventful except the fact I have left my iPhone in the train on my way from airport to hotel. Grrrr what a....
As I arrived to reception of my hotel Econ Inn on Beach Road, receptionist apologised and answered ringing phone - than she gave me puzzled look and asked me: have you lost your iPhone by any chance? Than I gave her puzzled look and in no time I was on my way back to the airport train station! Thank you unknown honest person :)

Stay in Singapore was very short and I managed to see only small part of the town on my way from hotel to McDonalds cafe on Orchard road where i have met SusiAir visa agent and rest of my classmates.

Around 1600 we had our passports back with visas and we made our way to Airport, most of us to catch AirAsia flight to Jakarta. Our flight was about one hour RE-TIMED (not delayed) but very short - only some 45 minutes to landing in Jakarta where we met Ratih, our HR lady who helped us to get transport to our Jakarta accommodation.

Plan for following morning was to be picked up at 0630 and to get Indonesian medical. At 0715 driver turned up with smile and took us to medical centre.
Slightly disorganised, chaotic but friendly place it was. In fact we were given check list and had to walk from doors to doors and ask for specific examination. Surprise for most of us was dental check up and assumption was made that this is for later identification :)
Quick bite to eat in local market, and off we go to Jakarta Halim airport for our charter to Pangandaran beach strip where SusiAir HQ and training centre is located. Nothing happened that evening except shower, dinner, and jet lag interrupted sleep.

Following morning Saturday 2 June 2012 - Day no.1 of our C208 course
As a early bird (not angry) I woke up at five pm and went for swim in the pool that is primarily used for ditching training. Breakfast at six - corn flakes, chocko corn flakes or white bread with jam and coffee that tastes like, like, like - no it doesn't taste at all ;) I thing research needs to be done on this issue ;)
First class starts at 0800 with company tour and history. Than explanation of course structure, highlights and downfalls of working and living in different parts of Indonesia, what to do and what not to and mainly, introduction to study material.
During afternoon we had first Indonesian language lesson - this will be fun but good thing is that pronunciation of alphabet is same like in Czech language so one thing less to worry about ;)
Than it was time to sign our contracts, non competition agreements, training agreements and some more papers followed by chat with Irvino our head of HR about policies, HR procedures and other boring stuff that has to be done.
It was long day and because tomorrow is Sunday (our day off) we decided to finish the day with two beers on the beach;)
Sunday is day off but thee is a lot to study so good night!

Cheers FrankO

No comments:

Post a Comment