Sunday 8 April 2012

SusiAir interview Day 2

Don't know if it was jet-lag or two Bintangs that woke me up after midnight but I did not fell asleep till 0400 so my six o'clock alarm was not very welcome. But what a luxury if you can jump in to swiming pool literally from your bedroom? (OK twenty meters walk...)
So I did and after few lengths had a shower and breakfast :)
Today we were split in to three groups and it was me and another guy from UK who went in to the simulator first. I went second and was surprised how laid back the instructor was. Ohhh don't worry about RT, ohhh don't worry about pressure, altitude, idents just show me you can fly the procedure.
So I gave it my best shot and after short practice I have flown one Haiti VOR hold with no wind and ended up with slight overshoot but corrected it well before half of the inbound and ended up 3:18 over the VOR station.
As I called beacon overhead, I have been informed that there is a wind of 10 kts from 140. This slight tailwind gave me the correction for my previous overshoot and I ended up 3:03 over the beacon. From there I was radar vectored to intercept localiser of 259 and Glide Slope at 1800. I played it safe at 1850 so my intercept was some 0.1 Nm earlier. Anyway I managed to keep both GS and LOC well within the limits and as I was calling 500 to go my sim has been frozen and I walked out with wide grin ;-)
From the sim straight on to COMPASS test but I do not have results as yet...
It contains slalom between flags using joystick, than VSI and ball that move on their own will and you have to cancel this movement by joystick and rudder pedals (they work in reverse), memory test, task manager test and math test.
After lunch I jumped on psychometric test that contains 225 questions. In fact it is about 30 - 40 statements and you have to choose 225 times one statement (from two) that describes you better - i have to admit, sometimes I had to select the one that is the least wrong:)
Last test of the day was English proficiency - I tried to slip through the net by waving my ICAO level six confirmation but English not being my native language there were no escape ;)
Again here I am, living the dream! :-)
Cheers FrankO

No comments:

Post a Comment